- A totem-pole.
- A supply of scalps, at least one for each.
- A supply of about 100 feathers or other honor tokens.
- A red horse-tail for feather tips and medicine scalp.
- A drum.
- A target, and range.
- Cooking outfit and food.
Also the things for the games they wish to play (see later), the Deer-hunt for land, and the Sturgeon spearing for water, being especially recommended.
Each Brave Needs
- 1 good 5-foot bow, complete with string.
- 6 standard arrows, 25 in. long; 3 feathers, steel points.
- 1 quiver of waterproof canvas.
- 1 plain arm-guard.
- 1 head band.
- 1 pair trunks.
- 1 waterproof sheet, 6 ft. x 5.
- 2 woollen blankets.
To these he may add as much Indian costume as he likes. But costumes, feathers, etc., are non-essentials. Many tribes wear only the ordinary clothes of out-door life.