CLASS I. RED HONORS
1. Honors are allowed for saving a human life at risk of one's own; it is a coup or grand coup, at the discretion of the Council.
2. A soldier's war medals count for a grand coup each.
3. Courage. The measure of courage has not yet been discovered.
CLASS II. WHITE HONORS
4. Come to camp through strange woods from a point one mile off and return in 30 minutes, for coup; in 20 for grand coup.
5. Light 15 camp fires in succession with 15 matches, all at different places, all with stuff found in the woods by the boy himself, one at least to be on a wet day, for coup; if all 15 are done on wet days, or if he does 30, of which two are on wet days, it counts grand coup.
6. Light a fire with fire drill or rubbing sticks, with material of one's own gathering, counts a coup; to do it in one minute counts a grand coup.
7. To chop down three 6-inch trees in succession in 60 seconds each, throwing them to drive each a given stake, coup; in 45 seconds each, grand coup.