Honors, Degrees, and Indian Names 135 . Can run 100 yards in 13 seconds. (Not open to L.) . " run 50 yards in y-j- seconds (Not open to B. L.)
- S- " " I mile in 5^ minutes. (Not open to L. L.)
- 6. " swim 100 yards.
- 7. " paddle a canoe I mile in 12 minutes. (15 in L. L.)
8. Know the Semaphore or Wigwag or Myer code and take as well as receive a message at the rate of at least 24 letters a minute.
- 9. Know 200 signs of the Sign Language. (100 in L. L.)
10. Know the 25 secret signs and blazes of the Indian code (15 in L. L.)
- ii. Have slept out 30 nights.
. Know and can clearly discriminate the track of 25 of our common wild quadrupeds; also trail for a mile withcjut snow, till near enough to photograph or bag it. (Snow allowed in L. L.) . Must have carried a letter 3 times over a mile of enemy's country with at least 20 hostiles out against him, of his own class. SHARPSHOOTER (Godaakwed) The Degree of Sharpshooter is conferred on those who take 7 of these tests:
- i. Qualify as in "marksman" with the rifle in accord-
ance with the regulations of the National Rifle Association.
- 2. Make a bow and arrow which will shoot a distance of
100 feet with fair precision. . Make a regulation archery target — 4 feet across, with the 9-inch centre and 4 rings, each 4! inches wide. . Make a total score of 350 with 60 shots of bow and arrow in one or two meets, using standard 4-foot target at 40 yards or 3-foot target at 30 yards. (300 in L. L.)