I30 The Book of Woodcraft . Can run 100 yds. in 13 sec. (14 for L. L.) . " " I mile in s| min. (Not open to L. L.) . " swim 100 yards. . Have slept out 30 nights. . Can send and receive a message in one of the follow- ing systems of signaling: Semaphore, Morse, or Myer, not fewer than 24 letters per minute. (12 letters for L. L.) . Make correct smoke signals meaning "Camp is here," "I am Lost," "All weU," "AU come to Council."
- g. Can talk Sign Talk, knowing at least 400 signs. (200
for L. L.)
- io. Know the 25 signs and blazes of the Indian code.
(is for L. L.)
- ii. Can read and translate into his own language a
page or conversation from some other language.
- i2. Can conduct a Council.
- i3. Know the ordinary rules of courtesy, precedence,
introduction, salutation, etc. . Know the history of the National Flag and the proper way of saluting, etc. . Have taught half a dozen fellows to qualify. HORSEMAN (Bebamomigod) The Degree of Horseman may be conferred on those who take 10 of these tests:
- i. Show that they are at home in a saddle and can ride
at a walk, trot, and gallop.
- 2. Know how to saddle and bridle a horse correctly.
. Can catch 6 horses in corral or on range with 12 throws of the lasso. . Know how to water and feed and to what amoxmt, fLjid how to groom a horse properly,