The Degree of Camper may be conferred on those who take ID of these tests:
- i. Can light 15 fires in succession with 15 matches,
at different places, one, at least, on a wet day. (10 for L. L.) . Have put up a 2-man tent alone, ten times, for actual service, ready for storms. (5 times for L. L.) . Can make the fire with rubbing-sticks of own prepa- ration. . Can boil water in 10 minutes with i match, i log, I axe; i quart of water in a 2-quart pail. (15 min. for L. L.)
- 5 . Have made a willow bed, or a rush mat, or an equally
good one of wild material. . Have made a waterproof roof of wildwood materials. . Have cooked 21 digestible meals with ordinary camp outfits, for at least three persons. (12 meals for L. L.) . Kiiow how to make a raft.
- 9. Know how to choose a camp site and how to prepare
- io. Know how to build a latrine (toilet).
- ii. Know how to dispose of the camp garbage and
- i2. Have slept out 100 nights (no roof but canvas);
not necessarily consecutive nights. (50 for L. L.) . Have traveled 500 miles, all told, in canoe, on foot, or in saddle, while sleeping out. (250 for L. L.) . Have had charge o£ a camp of five or more for seven suns (one week) and kept all going in good shape.